Connecticut Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Connecticut workers compensation class codes? In the state of Connecticut, workers comp classifications are governed by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI).
You can view our reference guide for finding CT class codes by visiting our page for NCCI codes, or clicking the image to the right.
For complete and authoritative classification information, you will need to purchase a Scopes Manual from NCCI (Link provided), as well as other great underwriting material.
Connecticut Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Connecticut workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Connecticut. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
CT Work Comp Overview
Connecticut is a “mandatory” workers compensation state. This means that all employers in the state of Connecticut are required to carry workers compensation insurance.CT Work Comp Overview
- Work Comp mandatory
- Wavers are permitted
- Numerical exemptions not allowed
- Employees retain choice of physician if managed care plan is not already established
- Comp benefits paid 3 days after injury
- State fund carrier: Travelers
Connecticut Workers Compensation State Resources
State of Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission: http://wcc.state.ct.us/
Connecticut Insurance Department: http://www.ct.gov/cid/site/default.asp153 Market Street 7th Floor Hartford, CT 06103
Connecticut Workers Compensation Class Codes